You don’t need the luck of the Irish to throw a fun and festive St. Patrick’s Day party. All you need is a little inspiration, some creativity, and help from your local Horizon Goodwill Industries store. Inspired by items you can find at any of our locations, here are five DIY projects for your St. Patrick’s Day party.
1. Transform your table with a DIY, St. Patrick’s Day inspired centerpiece. Find a few vases, candy dishes and doilies (don’t worry if they’re not green. You can always dye them with food coloring) from your local Goodwill®. Fill with rainbow-colored candies and “gold coins” and wait for the leprechauns to arrive.
2. Irish or not, your guests will love celebrating this lucky day with festive party favors. Stock up on clear glassware or mason jars at Goodwill and create your own St. Patrick’s Day cups. Simply apply green and gold polka-dot decals or St. Patrick’s Day stickers directly to the glasses. Cheers!
3. Since you have those glasses ready, why not give your guests something tasty to fill them with? Make a delicious leprechaun shake by blending 1 cup milk, 2 scoops frozen yogurt, ½ teaspoon peppermint extract and 4 drops green food coloring.
4. Throwing a St. Patrick’s Day party for the kids? Here’s a crafty idea they’ll love. Buy a few small planters at Goodwill and paint them black. Fill with “gold coins” or chocolate cased in gold wrappers, and top with colored pipe cleaners (the rainbow). These little pots of gold make great party favors or a fun activity during the party.
5. What does every good host or hostess need on St. Patrick’s Day? The perfect outfit! Whether you’re planning to rock a full-on leprechaun look or you want to add a little green to your wardrobe, you can find a variety of shirts, pants, dresses, hats, socks and much more at any of our locations.
For more St. Patrick’s Day tips and inspiration, visit our Pinterest page.