By donating and shopping at Goodwill®, you are helping people in your community. Horizon Goodwill Industries puts 90¢ of every dollar spent in our stores right back into job training and other programs. We help those who want to work, but have barriers to employment, achieve success.
Thank you for your support!
Our Donation Locations
- Cumberland, MD
- Hagerstown (Burhans AVE.), MD
- Hagerstown (Corporate), MD
- Hagerstown (South End), MD
- LaVale, MD
- Oakland, MD
- Greencastle, PA
- Waynesboro, PA
- Front Royal, VA
- Stephens City, VA
- Winchester, VA
- Woodstock, VA
We’ll gladly accept your donations at any of our stores, the attended donation center in Hagerstown, or by home pick-up (restrictions apply) and give you a receipt for tax purposes. However, please be sure items are in clean, usable condition. To protect your donations, please do not drop off after store hours. For store locations and hours of operation or to schedule a pick-up, please call the location nearest you.
Goodwill gladly accepts the following:
(Please note: The following list is not all-inclusive.)
Men’s, women’s, children’s and infants’ clothing and outerwear that are clean and free of tears, stains, pet hairs, and odors. Vintage through new items with tags are welcome.
Accessories in good condition, including the following:
- Shoes, belts, handbags, and briefcases
- Hats, gloves, scarves, and ties
Linens and Textiles, clean and stain-free, including the following:
- Bedspreads, blankets, sheets, and towels
- Curtains and draperies
- Small area and throw rugs
- Decorative and throw pillows not used for sleeping
Housewares in good and working condition, including the following:
- Dishes, glassware, and silverware
- Cookware including pots, pans, lids, and utensils
- Baskets, tins, Rubbermaid, Tupperware, and other storage containers
- Pictures, frames, and decorative knick-knacks
- Office and school supplies; general use tools (no large machines)
- Medical aids such as walkers, shower seats, wheelchairs, crutches
Electronics in working condition and with all parts, including cords:
- Radios, stereo systems, mp3 players, VCRs and DVD players
- Small appliances such as toaster ovens, Foreman Grills, coffee makers, and vacuum cleaners
- Microwave ovens in working condition
- Lamps and fans that are CPSC approved (visit http://www.cpsc.gov/ for more info.)
- Lawn equipment (all fuel must be removed prior to donating)
Art and Antiques
Mass produced items, signed pieces, and collectibles of any kind, including books, and comic books
Furniture that is clean and in good, sellable condition, free of pet hair and not ripped or torn.
- Sofas, loveseats, chairs, recliners, desks, kitchen furniture, ottomans,
- coffee tables, side tables, dining sets, china cabinets,
- credenzas, bookshelves, nightstands, etc.
- All brands, all peripherals, in any condition
- Software programs less than two years old
- Gaming systems (Nintendo, Sega, etc.)
Books and Records
- Vinyl records, cassette tapes (including books on tape), CDs and video games
- Hardback and paperback books
- DVDs and VHS movies
Sports and Exercise Equipment
- Bicycles, golf clubs, tennis racquets
- Treadmills, stationary bikes, ab rollers, etc.
- All items must be CPSC approved
- Dolls, stuffed animals, toys for baby through teen, and sealed games and puzzles
- Baby equipment CPSC approved (visit http://www.cpsc.gov/ for more into.)
Cars, Boats, Recreational Vehicles, Trucks and Motorcycles.
Owners must present title or proof of ownership as required by law. Donate Your Vehicle Today! Call 866-233-8686 or click the button below.
**Goodwill representatives make the final decision on what is acceptable.
We’re sorry, but we cannot accept
- Televisions of any make or model
- Used mattresses and box springs
- Excessively large/buky items such as swing sets, swimming pools, unbound carpeting and large area rugs, pianos, organs, etc.
- Large appliances that use Freon or Gas
- No refrigerators, air conditioners, gas stoves, gas dryers, etc.
- Building and plumbing materials
- Windows, doors, garage doors, shutters, sinks, tubs, toilets, fixtures, fencing,
- gutters, lumber concrete, bricks, stone, and paint
- Window blinds with cords
- Anything of a pornographic nature
- Any item(s) covered in animal hair
- Baby furniture, toys, and games that do not comply with CPSC safety standards (http://www.cpsc.gov/)
- Baby Cribs
- Software older than two years old
- Auto Parts
- Tires, wheels, batteries, car radios, etc.
- Any type of chemical (oil, wiper fluid, etc.)
- Firearms and fireworks
- Food and beverage
- No textbooks more than five (5) years old, no magazines or encyclopedias
- Opened cosmetics and perishable hair care products
- Any type of trash or combustible material
- Items that are wet, mildewed, rusty, flammable, or in any way dangerous
- Items that do not comply with Consumer Product and Safety Standards
(1-800-638-2772 or http://www.cpsc.gov/ )
**This is only a partial list; for more information call the store nearest you!
Thank you for your donations!