Interested in learning how to raise your credit score? Feeling ready to start the job search but not sure what to do first? We are here for you! Horizon Goodwill’s workforce development team is offering FREE Financial Literacy and Job-Readiness Training beginning Monday, June 15. These courses are offered by appointment only. To view the course schedule and register, please click here.
These courses provide the opportunity to learn the following important skills:
Financial Literacy Course:
- Basic Banking Skills
- Creating a Budget/Spending Plan
- Credit – How to build or to raise your score
- Taxes – Why and how
Onboarding-Job Readiness Training Course:
- Good work habits – How to keep and leave a job
- Why did I get fired?
- Self-management – Managing time and stress
- Communication Skills – They are KEY!
- Conflict Negotiation – How do I deal with problems at work?
- Setting Goals
- Workplace Ethics – Is this the right thing to do?
- The Basics: Resume-writing, Applications, Interviewing Skills