Feeling stumped on what to buy your friends and family this holiday season? Stop by your local Horizon Goodwill Industries store, and let us inspire your next great gift! By shopping for gifts at Goodwill, you’re not just saving money while giving unique, often one-of-a-kind finds to people you care about most. You’re also helping us help people within your community. For every dollar spent in our stores, we put 90 cents right back into job training and programs for people who want to work but have barriers to employment.
No matter how picky Aunt Linda may be or how long little Bobby’s list is this year, you’ll find just what you’re looking for at your local Goodwill. You can even transform little trinkets and treasures into creative, personal DIY gifts sure to please. Check out these nifty, thrifty DIY gift ideas, inspired by items you can purchase at any Horizon Goodwill store location.
- A simple, holiday lyric can put the finishing touch on any seasonal decor. Just design or print your favorite holiday lyric, nab a used frame from Goodwill, assemble and hang.
- Have a relative who loves decorating for the holidays? Create an easy Christmas sweater pillow using a recycled Goodwill holiday sweater.
- If you’re an avid Goodwill shopper, you know our stores are filled with jars galore. Grab a few and transform them into homemade gifts, from delicious gingerbread cookie mixes to detox bath salts for at-home spa sessions.
- Know someone who loves hosting dinner parties? Make a DIY cheese platter using a Goodwill serving plate and chalkboard paint.
- Quick-and-easy gift embellishments are our favorite. This Scrabble tile ornament is so easy to make, plus it can be given as a gift, added to gift wrapping or used as a holiday party favor.
For even more holiday and gift giving inspiration, visit our Pinterest page.