With snow still covering the grass and brisk temperatures requiring gloves, hats and scarves, it may seem hard to believe, but it’s coming. In fact, brighter, warmer days are just around the corner! You can feel it, can’t you? Daylight seems to be lingering just a bit longer every day, the Super Bowl has passed and baseball’s Spring Training is underway and you’re starting to get that itch…that Spring Cleaning Fever! [Read more…] about Can You Smell It? Spring Is In The Air!
Spring’s Here — Time to #SpringClear!
Every year as the weather gets nicer, you clean out your closet to make way for summer. This year, why not give away items you no longer want or need and get something in return?
This spring, Horizon Goodwill is running a spring-cleaning social media contest, and we want YOU to participate. All you have to do is submit your de-clutter before and after pictures for a chance to win one of three prizes. Here’s how you can enter.
- Between now and April 21, submit a pre- and post-clutter photo (anything from your closet to your garage) with the hashtag #SpringClear on our Facebook page or via Twitter.
- After the submission deadline, our marketing team will compile all submissions and select three winners based on number of likes, shares, retweets, and how well each contestant de-clutters his/her space.
- In addition to the following prizes, each winner will walk away with a Clutter Diet book written by our spokesperson Lorie Marrero.
- First prizewinner will receive a gift certificate for $100 to any Horizon Goodwill retail location.
- Second prizewinner will receive a gift certificate for $50 to any Horizon Goodwill retail location.
- Third prizewinner will receive a gift certificate for $25 to any Horizon Goodwill retail location.
- Donate your unwanted items to one of our Horizon Goodwill locations.
It’s that easy. To submit your photos for a chance to win, click here or here. We can’t wait to see your photos. Good luck!
Social Media Contest: Goodwill is Here, Time to #SpringClear!
For the next 6 weeks Horizon Goodwill Industries will be asking YOU to submit all of your de-clutter and organizational triumphs around your home. We want to see before and after de-clutter pictures: pre- and post-spring cleaning of your closets, garages, dens, living rooms, laundry rooms – any place in your home that you can think of that needs a little TLC.
Please send these pictures to us via Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #SpringClear for a chance to win one of 3 prizes. First place will win a $100 dollar gift certificate to our stores! Second place will win a $50 dollar gift certificate and third place will win $25 dollar gift certificate. All winners will also walk away with a Clutter Diet book that is full of ways to prevent clutter and organizational tips from Goodwill’s very own spokeswoman Lorie Marrero!
We will take submissions March 10th – April 21st and the winners will be announced April 28th 2014.
Entries will be judged on the number of likes, shares and re-tweets plus how well our contestants de-cluttered their space.
Now that you have a de-cluttered casa it’s time to donate all your unwanted items that didn’t make the cut! Donate to Horizon Goodwill Industries. Your newly de-cluttered home can provide job training to the community. Everyone wins when you donate to Horizon Goodwill Industries. We have donation centers located in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia. Please follow this link to find the closest donation location to you. #SpringClear
We are excited to see all of your home makeovers!