This week marks International Random Acts of Kindness Week. All across the country, people are stepping outside of their comfort zones to pass acts of kindness on to others. At Horizon Goodwill Industries, we believe in inspiring hope and humanity in others, so naturally we’re excited to celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Week. We hope you consider paying it forward this week as well. Here are 10 easy ideas to get you started.
- Compliment the first three people you speak to today.
- Write a positive message to someone who’s having a tough time and needs extra encouragement.
- Each time you buy something new, donate something old or unwanted to Horizon Goodwill. Your donations help people in your community who want to work, but have barriers to employment, achieve success.
- Write a thank-you note to someone who deserves appreciation — a teacher, a parent, a friend, a co-worker or a career counselor, for example.
- Buy a surprise gift for a loved one from Goodwill®. Not only are you making the day of someone special, but Horizon Goodwill puts 90 cents of every dollar spent in our stores right back into job training and programs for people with disabilities.
- Leave an inspirational bookmark in your library book for the next person who borrows it to read.
- Say “please” and “thank you” — and really mean it!
- Volunteer to help a friend. This can be anything from walking their dog on the weekend to practicing job interview skills for an upcoming interview.
- Put a quarter in a parking meter that has expired.
- Copy one of your favorite recipes and give it to a co-worker.
How are you supporting Random Acts of Kindness Week? Share your ideas and stories in the comments below or on our Facebook page. Be sure to use the hashtag #RAKweek.